SKETCHES, PHOTOS, THEORY AND RANDOM ARCHITECTURAL THOUGHTS BY AN EDUCATOR (AND WANNA-BE GLOBETREKKING) ARCHITECT.

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

NORMALCY (and a bit of fun)

There is nothing really normal about any of this. 

However, I have tried to keep some sense of routine and tradition for my design studio class as we have moved to remote learning.

So for the studio class, that means Dad Jokes!


Ok, here is the story.
(This is kind of the last thing you would expect from an introvert like me)

We started doing Dad jokes at the beginning of each second year studio class some time last year.  This all started after Christmas in 2019, when my children gave me a Dad joke calendar.  I brought the calendar into work (what else would I do with it?) and started telling the Dad joke of the day at the beginning of each studio class.  It was kind of a nice icebreaker, especially for the sleepy morning studio.

Fast forward to remote learning.

One of the first decisions I made when we went remote was to send out video Dad jokes each class.  Some traditions must remain intact in sprite all of this craziness.



I even did a special spring break edition.


And now back to my introverted cave – this is way too much attention for me….  (The things we learn about ourselves in a crisis)

I do hope my students have appreciated this attempt to try to keep some things “normal”.

This tradition will continue until the semester ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment